readbud - get paid to read and rate articles
1.

CCTN CHANNEL 47 CEBU LIVE

Get Paid To Click

WordLinx - Low Cost Traffic

Thursday, October 9, 2008

12 Little Things We Can Do To Help Our Country

I was quite busy cleaning up my room yesterday when I found out this leaflet junked in the corner. I don't know who brought and read this one, or maybe it was junked and thrown away unread. Out of my curiosity, I picked it up and read the title. "12 Little Things Filipino Can Do To Help Our Country", by Alexander L. Lacson. As I read the whole article, it really caught my attention although these are just a small things that we usually underestimate, that, if we give focus into it, this could be possibly our one way going to the top as for our direction. Or should I say, instead of fighting back against the government, maybe it's better to ask ourselves first what we have done good for our country?


******************
And these 12 Little Things are the following:
  1. Follow traffic rule. Follow the law.
  2. Whenever you buy or pay for anything, always ask for an official receipt.
  3. Don't buy smuggled goods. Buy local. Buy Filipino.
  4. When you talk to others especially foreigners, speak positively about us and our country.
  5. Respect your traffic officer, policemen and soldier.
  6. Do not litter. Dispose your garbage properly. Segregate. Recycle. Conserve.
  7. Support your church.
  8. During elections, do your solemn duty.
  9. Pay your employees well.
  10. Pay your taxes.
  11. Adopt a scholar or a poor child.
  12. Be a good parent. Teach your kids to follow the law and love our country.
That's all. And I proud to say that I did most of these things. Just like walking in a street, I patiently wait for the red signal before I walk across. Until now, every time I eat candies, I should put all the wrappers in my pocket or in my bag, instead of throwing it away; I never missed all national elections, I was always present and never in my vocabulary that I sell my vote; I always give even P1 or P5 donations in every Holy Mass collections. So, in short, even if I'm in a poverty stat I always do the best as I can, to share even in my own little way just to give happiness, if not a hundred percent satisfaction, not only for me, but for the goodness of all...

No comments: