readbud - get paid to read and rate articles
1.

CCTN CHANNEL 47 CEBU LIVE

Get Paid To Click

WordLinx - Low Cost Traffic

Friday, January 15, 2010

My Feelings And Emotions

I notice that whenever I feel bad, it’s mostly because I am not aligned with my true self.

Today, I’ve been feeling quite antsy, thinking of this and that, what would this person say if I do this, or that; would he think I’m weird, or wacky, or wobbly inside my head? I feel that there is a strong connection between my general feeling (an emotion, like mad or glad, afraid or sad) and my alignment with who I truly am. More often than not I find myself joyous when I am in my most aligned state — when I am most relaxed, when I am surrounded by people who accept me for who I am, warts and all, when I myself accept whoever I want to be at that moment whether or not it is consistent with the self-image I conjure in my head. On the other hand, I feel uncomfortable, a general tinge of unease, when I resist, when I stress over things I know I have no control over, when I am not true to myself.

Little by little, I notice that I am beginning to trust more my feelings and emotions. I have always believed that my intellect, my reasoning, my logical self is my best friend, one of my strongest suit. But without discounting its importance, I have started to notice that my feelings, my emotions have always been a strong ally as well. Bad news is that I’ve never really honored it as much as it deserves.

Now I’m wondering, how could I be more in touch with my feelings? How can I give it more prominence in the way I make decisions, and in the way I relate to people? How can I elevate it at least to a stature equal if not above that of my reasoning powers?

Would any of you have ideas? Have you encountered such thoughts as well?

No comments: